12:32 PM

Opening the Sanctuary


Hello and welcome! My name is Crystal, a Political Science graduate student and, more importantly, a newlywed. In fact, I have been married almost three weeks. While I do not miss the wedding stress, I loved the wedding planning! I read blogs and searched the internet daily looking for the perfect DIY projects and wedding details to create a very personal wedding. The greatest complement I received was, “Everything turned out beautiful, this wedding was….so you!” Now that the wedding is over, I still miss the planning, designing, and creative effort that I put into that event.


I therefore write this blog with a specific goal: to apply the same wedding planning process to decorating a home. Decorating should reflect the people within it: their favorite colors, themes, and personal touches. To achieve this goal, I will create decorating inspiration boards, search for interesting and unique decorating products, and gather interesting DIY projects (often borrowed from wedding websites-heck, I wanted some of those decorations for my own home!). Some of the decorating ideas will be ones I plan to use in my own home (which is sparsely decorated at the moment), but many of the posts will be cataloging ideas other people may use to express their personal decorating style and create their own, personal sanctuary.

1 comments:

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment