11:15 PM

Dressin Up the Walls!


Now that I have designed an inspiration board (see inspiration board: Old World Spain) for my kitchen and dining room, I wanted to start putting the room together. But where to start? Since I do not have much money, I decided to start by adding some wall sconces to my dining area. If you caught one of my early posts, I hung pictures of our honeymoon on the walls around the dining room table. But to start adding the Old World feel to the room, I decided to hang very masculine candle sconces to the walls, between the pictures.







To finish this project, I needed:


1. Nails


2. Hammer


3. Candle Sconces


4. Candles

I got my candle sconces from Walmart (only $8 at that!), but Target and Overstock.com also have some beautiful sconces as well.

Hanging the sconces was much easier than hanging the pictures. I found the middle point of the wall and made a pencil mark. Then, I had mark where to hang the sconces based on the heights of the pictures. I simply hammered in a nail at the center mark, and then slipped the candle sconce onto the nail.


Finally, I picked up some small pillar candles from Family Dollar. I love it! This project only took a few minutes but I love the end result.

0 comments:

Post a Comment