12:27 AM

Office Curtains

I am so excited! Today, I put some curtains that I bought at Meijers. They are gold and green striped, and the material is very shiny. I decided that these curtains would go perfectly in my office, which is following the Mystic Victorian theme described in a previous post!

Hanging the curtains was entirely too exciting. I did not have a stud finder, so I tried to guess where to hang the curtains. I measured from the window to the mark, and drew a small circle (doing the same steps on the opposite side). My husband told me to drill a hole to place the anchors in. So, I started drilling but the drill would not move into the wall! Where did I go wrong?

1. I did not have my step stool (a friend was borrowing it), so I was standing on a kitchen stool (which also happened to spin).

2. I was trying to drill into a stud, and I am not strong enough!

3. I did not know what I was doing.

Finally, I gave up and called my friend Melissa from Evolving Eden over. She realized that I was trying to drill into a stud, but she was able to use her force to drill into the studs. We did not even need the anchors because there is no way the screws are coming out. Ok, so what is my advice for hanging curtains?

1. Get a stud finder-do not drill into a stud.

2. Hammer a nail into the wall to make a starting hole. Then, nail the anchor into this hole. If the hole is too small, use a larger drill bit to widen the starting hole.

3. Use an electric screwdriver to fit the screw into the anchor.

4. If you start drilling and it is not moving into the wall, you are on a stud. If so, find someone more experienced to drill for you. You can seriously hurt yourself if the drill slips.

Despite the amount of work, I love my new curtains! I plan to buy a matching pair to hang in front of the closet.













I also finally put out my new dragon that I bought honeymooning in St. Augustine, Florida!

0 comments:

Post a Comment