12:01 PM

Old World Spain

For our honeymoon, my husband and I traveled to St. Augustine, Florida (I know...again with the honeymoon stories!). There, the historic buildings are made from such materials as gray coquina (a type of stone made from seashells) and other stone materials. However, the town's decor does not feel cold despite the amount of stone. Greenery is abundant across and inside the buildings, people eat within beautifully manicured courtyards with twinkling lights or torches, and the insides of buildings feature decor in bright colors of orange, red, blue, and yellow.

To bring ths romantic, yet colorful, feel into my own home, I created this inspiration board around the theme: Old World Spain. The main colors are a mixture of earth tones (gray, black, green, deep brown) and bright accent colors (particularly red and some orange). And, I wanted the feel of the room to be: Sophisticated , Romantic, Earthy, Soft, and Organic. What do you think?


Old World Spain



To create this room, I plan to use a number of specific materials including stone, wrought iron, copper, dark woods, and lots of greenery (herbs, plants, flowers). While I plan to use this inspiration board for my kitchen and dining area, it could be applied to any room. Look for future posts to see how I turn my room into a Spanish haven!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like this board? Have you decorated in a similar style? I would love to see you pictures and post your story online! Just hit the contact me button to the left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment