6:01 PM

Mystic Victorian

Now that I have a plan for my kitchen and dining area, I wanted to also create an inspiration board for my office/sitting area. I love Victorian-style decor, and wanted to incorporate that feel into my room. I therefore decided to use very antique colors, focusing on champagne and sage green, but using dusty rose and deep purple as accent colors.

I want the feel of the room to be Victorian, but more of a modern feel rather than the uptight, proper feel of traditional Victorian rooms. To do this, I will to use a lot of solid colors, not print. However, I do want to use some typical Victorian materials such as silk, glass, wrought iron, pearls, and gold accents. But, I want to also give the room a mystical, "Enchanted Garden" feel so I plan to use lots of candles and flowers!

Clockwise from top left: 1. Pillow from Target 2. Vase Sconce from Bed Bath and Beyond 3. Picture from BizBash 4. Sandalwood Fan from Favors by Serendipity 5. The Garden Room Picture from Ivan About Town 6. Purple Flowers from Photos of the Year 7. Modern Victorian Room from Homes Magazine 8. Tea light Chandelier from Country Styled Homes 9. Green Throw from Overstock.com 10. Asian Retro 11. Sheer Ceiling from HGTV 12. Purple Vase from LunaBazaar 13. Green and Champagne Room from Woman's Day

Look for updates on my room!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I love this room inspiration, I can't wait to see photos when it's complete.

<3 mybunnygoboom.com

Post a Comment